Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week in the Life

So this week I've started a project that I've never done before but have always wanted to....it's called a "Week in the Life" and is inspired by the great Ali Edwards. Basically, you take tons of photos over the course of a week and document all the little details that happen throughout the day that are easily forgotten. I'm on day 3 of this project. This week is all about documenting and collecting and gathering all the contents for the album, which I will start on next week. It has been fun! I'm trying to take my camera with me everywhere, which is often difficult, because well, there are 12 kids in my house all day long and I would rather they didn't get thier hands on our nice big camera. And also a little difficult to carry the camera wherever I go, like WalMart....but I have been doing that and it is really not so bad. I just have to get over looking like an idiot when I'm taking a photo of products on the store shelves. In addition to documenting little details that go on throughout the day, I'm also recording funny/cute things that Jack says, things I'm grateful for, food we eat, the weather, books I'm reading, projects that Matt or I are working on, and things like that. A lot of stuff happens each day! I've taken lots and lots of photos, but so far I'm not in any of them. I'm going to take some interesting self-portraits soon and have Matt take photos of me doing the things I regularly do throughout the day. I will share the finished project when it's done!

Anyway...here is a summary of DAY 1 (Monday) in photos:

my breakfast:



One of my daycare kids giving me a flower...


Some of the daycare kids playing on the swing set....that's not all of them!

Produce at WalMart...


Jack and Macy playing in the front room...

A load of dishes at the end of the day. Pretty much the entire top rack is taken up by sippy cups and kid dishes:

One of my new favorite things....a cozy green chair in my scrap room!

1 comment:

Dad Z. said...

What a really cool idea!!! Taking all those pictures of things we just look at every day and take for granted. I really like the one of your breakfast. When I saw the pic, before I read what it was, I thought it was a mushroom. I'm anxious to see it when it's done. Dad