Saturday, October 25, 2008

random happenings...

Well, I think I'm back in the blogging world again! After a few weeks of computer issues, we finally settled on getting a new computer. It is actually quite nice, seeing as that my old one was almost 5 years old, which everyone knows is ancient in computer terms. Anyway...

The days are getting shorter and colder around here, which is not pleasant if you ask me...but I'm learning to deal with it. I do love the chilly Fall temperatures, but I hate that it is dark so late in the morning and so early in the evening. And it is still October! We've still got two more months of the days getting shorter and shorter until that dreaded December "shortest day of the year". Two months. ARGH.

I've been digi scrapping like crazy and enjoying learning Photoshop more thouroughly. It is empowering to me to know so much about such a powerful program like Photoshop! Anyway...here is a 2 page digi layout about a recent trip to the pumpkin patch and then some photos from the visit following the layout....



Macy now climbs up stairs, which is great! She is even standing up all on her own for a few seconds at a time. She will walk with us just using our hands to balance, which is a huge improvement for her in the area of physical development. She has been getting physical therapy for the past month now. We had some issues with her physical therapist, and starting this next week she'll be seeing someone new. Hopefully she'll continue to gain strength in those little legs!


Macy also likes using her own silverware now. She will NOT let us feed her anymore, which is great, except that she won't use her spoon as an actual spoon. She just holds on to it with a little ninja death grip and eats her applesauce (or yogurt, cottage cheese, or whatever) with her free hand. Cute until it is time to clean up....


Jack is really looking forward to Halloween. He's going to be a chicken and he enjoys wearing his costume around the house as much as he can. Macy is going to be a monkey, and getting her to wear her costume is quite a different story. We shall see how that goes on Halloween!

This is one of my favorite digi pages that I have done so far. The story behind this...we have a lot of Chuck Taylor brand shoes in our house. Jack and Macy even have thier own pairs. Anyway, Jack has had shoes that velcro for quite a while now, but his Chuck Taylors are tie shoes. So, he calls them his Chuck Tielors because they tie. So cute!


I will be turning 30 in exactly 7 days. I can't quite pin point how I feel about that. Obviously I don't think I'm going to wake up on November 1st and feel older or anything, but 30 just seems SO OLD to me right now! 30. THIRTY. 30. That's a lot of years. I kinda like my 20s. I am still considered a "young adult" by many people, but once you hit 30, you are no longer considered "young". Oh well.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

nice pics and pages! love the shoes! what pumpkin patch is that??? ditto on the weather... and holy crap it's cold out right now. ok done w/ random.