Monday, August 4, 2008

ooohhhhh.....

I know I've been like the worst blogger EVER recently, but we've just been soooo stinkin' busy lately. And, each time I go to upload photos online, it takes forever because we still have dial-up internet. That just makes me depressed. So, I just say "I'll update the blog tomorrow." instead of spending tons of time uploading photos. But....GOOD NEWS.....we're getting fiber-optic internet THIS FRIDAY!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am! This will save me so much time doing all the things we do online each day. Our neighborhood was finally updated with high-speed internet capabilities, so we were unable to get fast internet until now. woohoo! In the meantime....lots and LOTS has happened these past few weeks! First of all, Macy turned one! I've got lots of photos and stories to share about her birthday and birthday party, but I'll do that in a different post. My dad has been visiting this past week and we've had SO much fun doing all sorts of stuff with him. Again....more photos and stories to share about that later as well. We now drive a minivan! Yup, that's right. We're in the minivan club. We had a family get-together with my dad's side of the family. We've also been doing lots of little field trips with the daycare kids. We have had a few doctor appts for random things as well as other weekly commitments. AND....Matt and I are now back on track with our workout schedules. We have finally figured out a workout rotation that lets us both get our workouts in without taking up all our free time in the evenings. It has been GREAT to get back in workout-mode. But, it has also taken up a bunch of our free time. But that's good. Basically, we've just been busy.

This is the last week of "summer" for us because all of our teachers' kids start back up full-time next week. It will be good to get back in the regular flow of daily events (and to get paid more $$), but I'll miss not having to get up so early. In the summer, I get up at 6:00 AM....with the flexibility of being able to sleep in till 7:00 AM if I'm too tired....), but during the school year I HAVE to get up by 5:30 AM at the LATEST. No flexibility there. So, for someone who LOVES staying up late, this becomes a problem. Especially in the dead of winter when it is so hard to get up knowing the sun won't even shine till after 8:00 AM. Yuck. I don't even want to think about it right now!

Anyway....it has been super hot and dry here. That's pretty normal for July/August. But we got a little excited today when we found out it was supposed to rain! We were playing outside this morning with all the daycare kids around 11:00 AM and it suddenly looked like this:


There was this odd dark line and then a bunch of light behind it.....and we really thought it was going to storm big, which we NEEDED lots of rain....and wouldn't you know....it looked dark and ugly for about 45 minutes and then lightly rained for just a few minutes.

More posts to come soon with lots of photos!!! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

that is a crazy picture--i love it! you'll have to tell me about this workout schedule thing...sounds like an idea that i could use...

Sally said...

That picture is too cool!
I'm so happy for you to be getting high speed internet...I am so spoiled, and while we were traveling I was feeling your frustration with the slow connection in the hotel! Uggg
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY! :)