Sunday, September 18, 2011

I {heart} this cute project.

A few days ago Jack and I were talking about making something for his teacher. We threw a few ideas around and decided that it would be super fun for him to draw some pictures and then we would turn it into a notepad. Although I don't think he TOTALLY understood my idea beforehand, he was on board to try something new. We found this project to be totally do-able for him (he's known for not completing crafty tasks) AND me (I am known for trying to do too MANY crafty tasks all at once). Macy heard about our idea and, of course, wanted to make something as well. She decided to make a notepad for Grandma ;)
Here is what our finished projects looked like:



This was SO simple! First, the kids drew a few pictures. Jack drew all school-related images and Macy drew a picture of Grandma.

Next, I scanned their artwork.

I reduced or enlarged each image as needed and arranged them on a new document (4.5 inches x 5.5 inches) in Photoshop. (This way I could fit four pieces of 4.5 x 5.5 notepad papers on one sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper.) I then printed out a few sheets of the notepad papers.



Cut them out and created a perforated line.

Decorated a strip of tag board across the top (and also for behind the notepad as well). Added some ribbon.

And, voila! Easy peasy.
Jack was quite excited to give his notepad to his teacher and Macy loved giving hers to Grandma. We will for sure be doing this project again in the future!

1 comment:

EricaA said...

Thought of you the minute I saw this:
http://bouffeebambini.blogspot.com/2011/08/chocolate-hazelnut-spread.html

I am sure you are ahead of the game and already have it!

Miss you