Monday, November 1, 2010

welcome back, blog

So, where was I? Oh yes, I remember....that was my shameless attempt to joke about the fact that I officially neglected my blog for almost a year. Go me. (I DID title the last post as "taking a break", and it was nice to exit the blogging world for a while!) I've been considering starting up the blog again with regular posts but I'm trying to figure out what kind of blog I want this to be. I've decided to make it a blog about--are you ready for this???--the everyday goings-on with my family. Basically, similar to what it was before ;) But with a little twist. You'll just have to keep coming back to see! I'll post about our family, fun crafty-goodness, green living ideas, and our adoption process. Yep, I said adoption process! We have recently decided to adopt a child and are in the very early stages of adoption. I'll post about this soon. Its a really cool story. I promise.

I won't attempt to try to explain what happened in our family over the past year. Because its just a lot of fun ooey-gooey cuteness. I will, however, explain in a few words what has been going on with each one of us:

Matt: Nerf guns. Video Games. Texting.
Me: Scrapbooking. Going Green. Couponing.
Jackson: First grade. Star Wars. Harry Potter.
Macy: Dancing. Loves "reading". Enjoys chattering.
Zoe: Moving everywhere. Loves playing catch.

There you go.

Its my birthday today and I'm trying to convince all our daycare kids that they should bring in all their Halloween candy and give it to me as a birthday present. So far, I don't have any volunteers.....

I'm going to go drink my birthday Doc Rickers' Frozen Mountain Dew.
And, as soon as I remember how to upload photos, I'll do that too.....

5 comments:

Staci said...

Yay! She's back, :) I did notice that you didn't mention blogging among Matt's activities. Trying to keep that a secret? Lol. Staci

Lisa Joy said...

Welcome back! You've been missed! I'm so glad I didn't delete you from my RSS feed!

Betsy Beers said...

Thanks, friends! I'm quite excited to start blogging again. I've got lots of ideas to blog about now rather than just always talking about what is going on with the fam. Thanks for sticking around!
Betsy

April D said...

YEAH! Welcome back! Happy Birthday! Totally got tears in my eyes when I read "adoption process". I need an update. ;)

Angela said...

Yeah! I am glad that I found your blog!! I love reading people's blogs to keep up with their families! I am excited to hear more about the adoption process, as we have considered it also!